Can I Get Help From Anyone Over 24?In selecting winning films the judges will be looking for films which are evidently made by young people and not made for young people. Sometimes older people will help a young filmmaker to make their film. That is OK. But if someone over 24 helps a young filmmaker or team to make a film for The Someday Challenge it is important that their help is supportive of the young filmmaker or team to make their own creative and editorial decisions. They must not make those decisions on behalf of the young filmmaker or team. Anyone operating the equipment necessary to make a film for The Someday Challenge (eg the camera or the editing computer) must themselves be eligible to enter the challenge. So if you can't operate the equipment yourself you need to team up with another young person who can. That person can be older than you but, like you, they need to be born in 1992 or later.
To decide if your film is to be one of the 20 Winning Films, the Judging Team will be asking themselves these questions:
- Is the film relevant to the theme of sustainability and does it show us your 'outlook for someday'?
- Are the idea(s) and/or message(s) clear?
- How well does the visual and audio approach support the idea(s) and/or message(s)?
- How well does the visual and audio quality support the content of the film?
- Is the film original / creative / distinctive / powerful / challenging / inspiring / funny?
- Does the film just grab the judges and demand to be chosen for a reason they can't explain?