Entry Checklist and Requirements
Before you send off your entry to The Someday Challenge, please check that your answer to these 10 questions is ‘Yes’.
- Am I and all of my team born 1997 or later?
- Am I and each member of my team a New Zealand Citizen or Resident or studying or working lawfully in New Zealand?
- Is my film no more than 5 minutes long, including titles and credits?
- Have I and my team completed an Entry Form? Each member of the team must put their details on the entry form. If this is a school entry you need to include a teacher’s details. This Entry form can be found on our website.
- Do I have signed Release Forms for every person featured in the film (visually or by their voice)? With Parental permission, if they are under 18. You can find release forms on our website here.
- Do I have signed Release Forms for every person involved in making the film? If they are in the credits they need to sign a release form! With parental permission, if they are under 18.
- Have I got Music Licenses for all music used in the film? If you have used royalty-free music you need to download the creative commons license which will be on the website you got the music from. You can find the licenses on our website here someday.co.nz/challenge/toolkit/stock-music-and-video/
- Have I got Licenses for any footage used in the film that I have not created myself? If you have used royalty-free music you need to download the creative commons license which will be on the website you got the music from. You can find the licenses on our website here someday.co.nz/challenge/toolkit/stock-music-and-video/
- Am I submitting my film in the best quality? (no bigger than 4GB), mp4 (recommended) mov, avi, dv or wmv file
- Have I saved my editing project file and all my footage in case I need to make changes after the film has been entered? After the film has been submitted, the Someday team may request changes to make the film eligible (such as changing music that can’t be licensed).